Monday, January 15, 2018

My review of 
The Greatest Showman

Having been a fan of PT Barnum since I was a very little girl I was excited to see this movie. There was this book at the local library that if I'd read it once I'd read it fifty times. It was all about PT barnum and his "freaks" so this movie intrigued me on all kinds of different levels.
First of all the word freaks I don't like that word very much, oddities, genetic wonders, perhaps but they were people in heart mind and soul. I knew many of those stories from that book so walking into the movie I knew these characters already.
What excited me first was the dancing it was sharp and concise and beautiful and all the actors and actresses you could tell were very committed to giving us an INCREDIBLE opening number. So I will be researching who choreographed these incredible dance sequences.
The music was amazing as well, and each person really really did a great job with the music and singing. I was really taken with Keala Settle who played the bearded lady Lettie Lutz, what an incredibly talented lady. I totally fell in love with the song "this is me" which she belted out like a badass!
Zendaya....what else can you say....she is SO talented and did an incredibly beautiful and heartfelt performance she is such an incredible woman and I hope I see more of her in roles like this one.
Zac Efron did an okay job he was the only one I wasn't very thrilled with but he was supposed to play someone uptight and he did that decently.
I was VERY impressed with General Tom Thumb Sam Humphrey broke my heart and fixed it over and over again and he is actually one of the characters I loved from the book I read about him.
And Michelle Williams oh my gosh....it's just another reason why I love that woman and I think anything she is in is awesome just because she's in it. And the two little gals who played Barnum's daughters....well they stole the show.
I will be adding this incredibly beautiful story of love loss betrayal and family to my personal library of awesomeness I highly highly highly recommend you go see this movie yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment