Saturday, September 9, 2017

Wish Upon 5 stars

Wish Upon....Be careful what you wish for!


Synopsis:

A teenage girl discovers a box that carries magic powers and a deadly price for using them.

Review:



I was skeptical about this movie in a HUGE way... so much so I waited till it was playing at the discount theater to see it. I can tell you, I was wrong. 
Wish upon is about this girl who loses her mom when she is very young. I won't tell you how that would spoil it! Anyway, forward approximately 14 years ish. She is now in high school, yep...the scariest place on Earth. Her father is a upcycler going from dumpster to dumpster to find things to sell at the swap meet. 
While out looking for items to sell he finds an oriental box in the the garbage and decides to give it to his daughter. Since his daughter is taking foreign language she can read enough of the characters to see that it is a wish box. She's a skeptic and wishes for her enemy.....well you'll see. 

My thoughts. I loved this movie. I am a huge huge fan of the final destination movies. It feels very similar although the box is much much creepier. The overall acting and twists in the story caused by the box are incredible. The writing in this movie also sets up the scares very well for the audience. Some of them you can't see coming, but they're there. 

I truly enjoy that this movie does not follow the rules of horror movies set out by Scream :) Sex drugs and rock and roll are not a part of why...or how these people die. 

I have not seen a movie like this in quite some time, nor done as well as this movie was written and directed. 

Everything, from the initial idea...right down to the nitty gritty of perfecting a scene was done to perfection. Being a true horror buff, I truly appreciated this movie. 

I definitely give this movie an enthusiastic five out of five. 



No comments:

Post a Comment