Tuesday, January 28, 2014

12 Years A Slave

I have to say I was skeptical about this movie when we first put it on, but I am obsessed with slavery and the Civil War. I've read Uncle Tom's Cabin, yet I am not old enough to have been part of the civil rights movement. I understand why this movie got so many Oscar nominations. It's excellent from beginning to end and so true to history. This movie made you think. My heart broke many times in this movie at the treatment of the slaves. It was heartbreaking and hopeful at the same time. I don't want to give much of this movie away because there is so much that the viewer needs to see. I would recommend this movie to anyone. I truly enjoyed it and I give it 5++++ stars. I will in the near future be reading the book by Solomon Northrup, if it is anything like the movie (and I know books are always better) I will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment