Saturday, January 14, 2017

Hidden figures....a Hidden Gem


Hidden Figures is a hidden gem in 2017's movie lineup 

I just got home from watching Hidden Figures. This film is a beautiful commentary on how diverse our space program truly was. I loved seeing that men and women were working side by side on that project. Back then women were not as respected as they are today, what I mean is they were expected to be wives and mothers and the man would be the "breadwinner." 
That's until you meet the three brilliant women of color who worked on the space capsule program at NASA. Those three amazing, incredibly intelligent, and inspiring women really made their mark on history working as "computers" for NASA. I'd been itching to see this movie since I'd seen the preview. I love movies set in that time because I look at it as a commentary on how one minded this world can truly, and how far we've come since then. 
These three hardworking women really made the white men and women on the program see their equality and even at times surpassed them with their incredible knowledge of mathematics equations. I give them a lot of credit, I can't do higher math it makes my brain blurt out expletives. Seeing these women write out the equations AND figure them out was so incredible, knowing that these were real women that did just that. 
I loved this movie, the sass the women had and the balance between home, work, friends, and romance really lightened the topic and the acting and writing on this movie was amazing. I highly recommend it and give it 5+ stars Taraji P Henson, Octavia Spencer, and Janelle Monae are a dynamic trio of women that really bring the story to life through their portrayals of the characters. This will be added to my collection when it comes to video.

No comments:

Post a Comment