Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Free State of Jones



Free State of Jones

This movie is Oscar worthy, this is some of McConaughey's finest work. His portrayal of a man who is just trying to do the right thing during a tumultuous time in history is incredible. I love the camaraderie with all characters black and white. During a war like the Civil War there's the people that fight against crooked soldiers, and for the rights of everyone whatever color their skin. This is what this movie is about. 

I loved this movie, I will be adding this to my collection and giving it as a gift as well. This is an incredible and based on true stories from the Civil War, which I have a huge interest in. However this did not sway my opinion of this film at all. This film is standalone awesome all on its own merits. The writing, the characters, the storyline...every piece of this movie was well done. I don't know what the budget was for this film, but it was money well spent on a phenomenal and talented cast. 

Beyond the cast choices the writing of this story was amazing, I would read this screenplay over and over again. Kudos to the writers, it was understandable and riveting. The characters were well developed and well written with well imagined backstories. 

I can't say enough how good this movie was I would highly recommend it to anyone. I haven't seen a Civil War Film this good since 12 Years a Slave, which was another movie I truly loved. 

McConaghey's character is akin to the one that Mel Gibson played in The Patriot and he played it just as well. However his character's love was not just for family, but for his community and the world around him. He protected them in a time when there were crooked soldiers and generals stealing from them.

All in all this was an outstanding film! Highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment