Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Book Thief


I have to say I didn't know what to expect going into this movie. It's a poignant and touching movie about a little girl and her infatuation with books. However that is not all of it, she meets a Jewish man who is persecuted and they hide him in her basement. He tells her that the difference between a lump of clay and a human is a single word. The Jewish word for life. He tells her that words are life, and without them we are all lost. This ignites a spark in the girl's heart. This all happens in World War two Germany. It's incredible it will have you laughing and crying. I don't want to say too much to give it away. This is a movie I will be adding to my collection and one I would watch again and again. 5 plus plus plus stars

No comments:

Post a Comment