Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Blair Witch




If you saw the 1999 version of The Blair Witch Project I wouldn't bother seeing this movie, it is along the same lines but now it's the brother looking for his lost sister in this movie with his friends. I came home tonight and said to my husband, "Well it was just like the first one just with more screaming and better equipment." Everything in this movie was overplayed in the previews. It had you expecting a decent plot and better written characters. Unfortunately that was not the case. With the larger budget and play up I thought this would be a better movie. Of course there were a lot of jump scares which always keep the audience going and the use of a drone instead of handheld cameras showed ho much of a reboot this really was. Honestly again, if you've seen the first one in 1999 it's the same story, different characters. All I can say is reboot, repeat, wait till it hits tv or video. Not worth seeing in the theater. I am a huge horror fan and the more b rated the better but this was a strikeout for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment